BRISTOL COUNSELLING PSYCHOTHERAPY
Bristol based counselling & psychotherapy; body centred psychotherapy with Shelley Treacher.
Counsellor, psychotherapist, and specialist in body centred psychotherapy
What we explore in counselling and psychotherapy are the patterns in your life that you repeat, and feel stuck in. I help you to manage your anxiety and feelings of depression, improve your personal relationships, and feel better about yourself and your life. I provide a safe, quiet, non judgemental, confidential environment in which to do this.
I have been training and working to emotionally support and counsel people through distress, since 1996. My counselling work has been with adults and children of all ages. I have worked individually, in families, and in couple and group therapy. At the moment I work as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist with adults (16+), and in groups.
I am enquiring and compassionate, and have a passion for finding ways to ease distress. I aspire to helping you to maintain happiness and confidence in yourself, and to develop stability with your family, in your relationships, in your work, and in all areas of your life.
The basic work of health professionals, and of psychotherapists in particular, is to become full human beings and to inspire full human- beingness in other people who feel starved about their lives.
Short term counselling or psychotherapy in Bristol
Initially many people come to counselling for brief periods to discuss a current concern. It is important that you feel safe with me, so all clients start with an intial consultation session of 50 minutes to an hour. The next step is to make a weekly short commitment (flexible, usually 4 to 6 weeks). Towards the end of this we review what you need and decide whether to continue, or to have a final session.
My first concern is to establish trust. From here we work to understand what's happening for you, and how to change it.
Longer term psychotherapy in Bristol
Because it took a lifetime to build our habits and behaviours, some things may take longer to understand and to change. You may already know that you are looking for longer term psychotherapy. My clients have the opportunity to stay for longer periods to work more deeply and thoroughly. This is the most effective way to really make fundamental changes in how you relate with people, and to improve your confidence and mood more permanently.
I have experience in working in counselling
and psychotherapy with the following:
and psychotherapy with the following:
- Anxiety, fear and panic attacks
- Stress, Depression and mood swings
- Loss and grief
- Conflict and Anger Management
- Self confidence, feeling insecure, and/or neediness or codependency
- Boundaries/saying No/personal goals
- Relationship issues, sexuality and intimacy
- Affairs and betrayal
- Family issues
- Divorce, separation
- Dating Confidence, being single, attracting the wrong/ right partners
- Pregnancy, post natal depression and motherhood/fatherhood
- Creativity and inspiration issues
- The lack of the above/ feeling stuck or unfocussed
- Self expression
- Fulfilling potential and personal vitality
- Repetitive behaviour and life patterns that you are not happy with
- Culture and race issues
- Alcohol, drug abuse & other compulsions
- Eating concerns, disordered eating
- Over eating, weight concerns
- Trauma. Including difficult medical history, sexual abuse, domestic violence, difficult birth, pre and peri-natal issues, and accidents.
- Physical Disability
- Understanding and integrating intense alternative health treatment responses (accupuncture, homeopathy, cranio sacral, shamanic practice, etc..)
- Physical tension, illness, disease and pain
- ME, CFS, MCS
Shelley gave me the support I’d needed for a very, very long time. I also got a deeper insight into how I deal with things and how to do things differently. I learnt to appreciate my strengths and what I already do well…I learnt how to look after myself better…It helped me adapt to a very limited life (due to disability).
The time I had in counselling with Shelley was useful in exploring problems and starting to develop coping strategies.
With Shelley I had an open comfortable environment in which I could explore the events and habits of old. This enabled me to challenge myself and my behaviours. It helped to support my state of mind through a very difficult time in my life.
I’m amazed at how I can be in such a different place now to where I was just a few weeks ago before working with Shelley