BRISTOL COUNSELLING PSYCHOTHERAPY – 2 Services
or Group Programme – Understanding your emotional overeating
Bristol based counselling, psychotherapy & body centred psychotherapy, for individual adults. With Shelley Treacher MBACP (accred)
Are you awake at 2am, feeling stressed, anxious or unhappy?
Do you want to feel more in control, hold your head high, and approach life with confidence?
Or perhaps you want to feel less alone and have more satisfying relationships?
Life can be exhausting if you’ve lost your way, or were never taught what to do when you feel anxious or down. Most of us weren’t taught this.
Psychotherapy helps you to
observe and understand yourself with compassion
rest, recover and feel calmer
feel better about yourself
develop stability in your relationships and at work
feel more able to recreate your life how you really want it
Counselling psychotherapy may be taken short or long term. See below.
A structured programme for people who eat emotionally or compulsively.
‘Understanding your Eating’ programme certified practitioner
Are you thinking ” I don’t care!” , just before a binge?
Do you feel disappointment, shame, or avoid people because of your eating and weight?
But you’ve tried dieting and it hasn’t worked?
Dieting alone is not effective for the emotional eater.
Learn strategies for reducing compulsive eating
Assimilate tools for understanding and managing your feelings
Gain self compassion, respect and the strength to go for what you really want in life.
You can take the ‘Understanding your Eating’ programme in a group or individually.
The basic work of health professionals, and of psychotherapists in particular, is to become full human beings and to inspire full human- beingness in other people who feel starved about their lives.
Short term counselling or psychotherapy in Bristol
Initially many people come to counselling for brief periods to discuss a current concern. It is important that you feel safe with me, so all clients start with an intial consultation session of 50 minutes to an hour. The next step is to make a weekly short commitment (flexible, usually 4 to 6 weeks). Towards the end of this we review what you need and decide whether to continue, or to have a final session.
My first concern is to establish trust. From here we work to understand what's happening for you, and how to change it.
Longer term psychotherapy in Bristol
Because it took a lifetime to build our habits and behaviours, some things may take longer to understand and to change. You may already know that you are looking for longer term psychotherapy. My clients have the opportunity to stay for longer periods to work more deeply and thoroughly. This is the most effective way to really make fundamental changes in how you relate with people, and to improve your confidence and mood more permanently.
I have experience in working in counselling
and psychotherapy with the following:
and psychotherapy with the following:
- Anxiety, fear and panic attacks
- Stress, Depression and mood swings
- Loss and grief
- Conflict and Anger Management
- Self confidence, feeling insecure, and/or neediness or codependency
- Boundaries/saying No/personal goals
- Relationship issues, sexuality and intimacy
- Affairs and betrayal
- Family issues
- Divorce, separation
- Dating Confidence, being single, attracting the wrong/ right partners
- Pregnancy, post natal depression and motherhood/fatherhood
- Creativity and inspiration issues
- The lack of the above/ feeling stuck or unfocussed
- Self expression
- Fulfilling potential and personal vitality
- Repetitive behaviour and life patterns that you are not happy with
- Culture and race issues
- Alcohol, drug abuse & other compulsions
- Eating concerns, disordered eating
- Over eating, weight concerns
- Trauma. Including difficult medical history, sexual abuse, domestic violence, difficult birth, pre and peri-natal issues, and accidents.
- Physical Disability
- Understanding and integrating intense alternative health treatment responses (accupuncture, homeopathy, cranio sacral, shamanic practice, etc..)
- Physical tension, illness, disease and pain
- ME, CFS, MCS
Shelley gave me the support I’d needed for a very, very long time. I also got a deeper insight into how I deal with things and how to do things differently. I learnt to appreciate my strengths and what I already do well…I learnt how to look after myself better…It helped me adapt to a very limited life (due to disability).
The time I had in counselling with Shelley was useful in exploring problems and starting to develop coping strategies.
With Shelley I had an open comfortable environment in which I could explore the events and habits of old. This enabled me to challenge myself and my behaviours. It helped to support my state of mind through a very difficult time in my life.
I’m amazed at how I can be in such a different place now to where I was just a few weeks ago before working with Shelley